This short term rental property is registered with the Puerto Rico Tourism Company and follows the health and safety measures enacted in May 2020. A copy of the Health and Safety measures can be found at https://prtc-covid19.com”
Here are some guidelines our cleaners follow when cleaning properties between guests.
1. Wearing protective gear while cleaning. Personal protective items like disposable gloves, aprons or gowns, and facial coverings (like homemade or purchased masks) can provide additional protection. Our cleaners are also made sure to wash their hands immediately after removing gloves, hereby minimizing the risk of transfer.
2. Ventilating rooms before cleaning. Paradise Villas and Vacation cleaning team follow CDC’s recommendation on opening outside doors and windows and using ventilating fans to increase air circulation in the space before beginning to clean and disinfect. Learn more about how to properly ventilate before cleaning from the CDC.
3. Washing hands thoroughly before and after each cleaning. We require our cleaning team to wash their hands with hand soap and water and wash for at least 20 seconds. If that’s not possible, it is recommended to use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Learn more about proper hand washing
4. Cleaning, then disinfecting. Our cleaning team uses detergent or soap and water to remove dirt, grease, dust, and germs. Once the surface is clean, they spray with a disinfectant, let it stand for a few minutes, then wipe—and if they’re not using paper towels or disposable wipes, they use a new cleaning cloth for each guest.
5. Using the right disinfectant. Most common household disinfectants registered by the Environmental Protection Agency, as well as cleaning solutions with diluted household bleach or at least 70% alcohol, are believed to be effective against the coronavirus. We pay special attention to frequently touched surfaces, like light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, and faucet handles. (See our full list of surfaces to disinfect at the bottom of the page.)
6. Washing all linens at the highest heat setting recommended by the manufacturer. That includes bedsheets, mattress covers, hand and bath towels, kitchen towels, and blankets. Our cleaning team is always reminded to wear gloves when handling dirty laundry, and take care to avoid shaking laundry, which could increase the spread of germs.
7. Requesting that guests wash their own towels at the end of their stay. This will minimize wash time and operators can focus on fully washing linens and covers, following the CDC guidelines.
8. Cleaning and disinfecting laundry baskets and hampers. If possible, we use a liner that is either disposable or that you can throw into the washing machine.
9. 48 hour minimum wait period. The 48 hours begin the moment one guest leaves the unit. After the 48 hours are over, the property will be serviced and the next guest will be allowed to check-in and enter. This is the recommended period to allow organic disinfection of surfaces and a precaution to address the possibility of particles that may remain airborne.
Many guests will want to take extra steps to reduce their risk of infection. We help encourage social distancing by offering self check-in and checkout.
To help guests maintain a higher standard of cleanliness and hygiene, we make sureour villas are well-stocked with the essential amenities, and we have added a few extras. Things like:
- Hand soap
- Paper towels
- Toilet Paper
We stock plenty of extra towels and sheets, especially for guests who are staying for more than a few days. We also encourage guests to clean up after themselves by leaving disinfectants and other cleaning supplies for them.
Checklist of items to clean and disinfect
- Light switches
- Remote controls
- Fan and lamp chains
- Window sills and window handles
- Ironing boards and irons
- Garbage and recycling bins
*This content is based on publicly available information from the CDC. The CDC does not endorse this content or Paradise Villas & Vacations.
Paradise Villas & Vacations makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to this content provided for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.